Here we are...

A little view of what goes on behind the scenes here at Monkeymaid HQ

Monday 3 June 2013

A happy little poem I wrote



IT'S JUNE ALREADY!!

Can you believe it!? I am going to risk sounding very old now and say 'where has the year gone?'

I don't know about you, but I am ready for some sunshine!

I have mixed feelings about the 6 week holiday fast approaching, yes, I will get to spend lots of time with my fast growing children, but I know that it will go much to fast and September will rush in, and that is when my little girl starts school!!!
OH MY GOODNESS! is she really ready for school now!!!?
She is too small surely!  My little girl, school, NOOOOOOOO!!!  Am I being too clingy? I really do not want my sweet innocent little squidgey to start school yet, just a couple more years at home with mama!
She is growing too fast, I can remember when she was just a little dot in my arms, watching her little face look up at me, as if I was all that mattered in her little world, boy I don't want that to ever change, but alas she must grow and spread her little wings, and I will have to be here to let her grow and fix those little wings when they get singed.
I am sure all of you Mums out there must feel the same, and so I will take comfort in that fact, and know that when September does come around, and I am walking empty handed from the school playground holding in the tears until I get home, that you have all been there and done that, and you survived!!
I am silly aren't I!!  She is my last little baby though, I have to treasure each day and make sure I enjoy every little step she takes in her development, as the time will flash by and before I know it she will be a grown woman with a family of her own.
What a blessing they are hey!!
Yes even when they are driving you mad with the noise and the mess, and the constant 'but why mummy?', yes they are wonderful, and no, I would not change a single thing, and I hope that my memory lets me recall every little precious moment.
When my son was the same age as my daughter is now, I wrote him a poem, and one day I would love to get it published to a book or even just see it in print somewhere, maybe I should get my act together and get it sorted. 

I recite it to my daughter so much, she loves it, see what you think xx

THE BIG BALLOON
by Mary Wright

High up in the sky,
One sunny afternoon,
Where the birds all fly,
I saw a big balloon.
'Mummy LOOK!' I shouted,
And pointed in the air,
'Up there, can you see it?'
People stopped to stare,
'Mum, I want to reach it, 
And hold on to it's string'
"You're not tall enough" said Mummy,
"You silly little thing"
'Mummy where's it going on this sunny afternoon?
Is it coming downwards or upwards to the moon?'
Mummy said she didn't know
And we should soon go home,
'OH NO! we can't leave' I said,
'Balloon will be alone!'
Well balloon it must have heard me,
On that sunny day,
Because it ended up at my house,
Where we both now play.

It still makes me smile, every time I read it.
Let me know what you think, and read it to your little ones, maybe they will love it just as much as mine have.

Right I am off for a cuppa now.  Lovely to chat with you for a while, have a wonderful day.

Me xx

No comments: