Here we are...

A little view of what goes on behind the scenes here at Monkeymaid HQ

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Gluten Free Savory Snack

Got the Munchies?



Trying to stay healthy in a world flooded with sugar, gluten, E numbers and many more nasty additives, (too many to list) is proving very difficult, not to mention costly.

I love snacks, my kids love snacks, but I am finding it hard to find healthy, tasty snacks for us all that don't cost 4 times as much as the usual 'buy one bag of Monster Munch for a £1 and get 4 free'.
Ugh!

I did the normal morning routine this morning, I had my fresh green juice, and off I went on the school run feeling quite good.

By the time I had got home, I was STARVING!!

I am getting a bit tired of homemade waffles, which are delicious, but I fancied something savoury for a change. (Waffle Recipe on request)

So this is what I made, and I love them, so I thought I would share them with you. They are easy to make, quick, tasty, and CHEAP!!

So here is what you will need....

2 cups of Oats
1 cup of Rice Flour
2 Eggs
1 cup of Rice/Coconut Milk
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Granules
1 Tablespoon of Tamari/Soya Sauce
Half Cup of Grated Cheese
Coconut Oil

Put the Oats into a blender and blend until it has made flour.  Add the Rice Flour, Eggs, Milk, and Tamari Sauce.
Season with Salt, Pepper and Garlic Granules.
Blend until it is smooth, like a drop pancake batter. If it is too thick, add more milk, if it is too runny, add more rice flour.
Now add the Grated Cheese, Stir to mix in the cheese.
Heat a frying pan over a Medium-High heat. 
Melt about a quarter Teaspoon of Coconut oil, and pour in some of the batter, enough to make a small pancake, (like a large drop pancake)
Let it bubble up until the top is not runny anymore, and flip over to cook the other side.
Flip it a couple of times to ensure the 'pancake' is cooked through.
Turn out onto a chopping board and cut into triangles.
I love these on their own, but they are also nice with soup or as a snack with cherry tomatoes, carrot and cucumber sticks.
Delicious hot or cold.

I hope you enjoy these as much as we do.
It would be lovely to hear how you got on with making them.  Let me know if you made any other variations of them please, I am always looking for yummy ideas xx

No comments: