Here we are...

A little view of what goes on behind the scenes here at Monkeymaid HQ

Thursday 14 April 2016

Nut Free Peanut Butter?

Yes, and it is yummy!


Just a quickie today.


I have a son that has a nut allergy, and most recipes I find on my quest for a healthier diet, contain nuts, or nut butters.


Well today I made a breakthrough!
My Yummy Salad
I hit gold!

As I always do around lunchtime, I set about making myself a tasty, nutritious meal.  I got my large salad ready (huge actually), and decided I would like a dressing, something cheesy, without the cheese.  
So I popped some ingredients into my blender, and out came this delicious treat, purely by mistake, but boy I am delighted.

'But what has this got to do with nut free peanut butter?' I hear you cry...  Well it tastes just like peanut butter and it looks just like smooth peanut butter.  BINGO!

I didn't make a cheesy dressing, but what I did make was so good, I just had to share it with you.

_____________________________________________________________________

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of Sunflower Seeds
2 heaped tablespoons of Oat Flour
2-3 heaped table spoons of Nutritional Yeast
1 tablespoon of Paprika
A good pinch of Ground Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
1/4 cup of Coconut Milk (add more later if you like it thinner)

Method:
Add all of the ingredients into a blender, (I used a Nutribullet with the small cup)
Blend for about 30 seconds, then scrape down the mixture and blend again for a further 30 seconds, or until you have the desired consistency, if you find that it is too thick, add a little more coconut milk and blend again.
Taste, and add a little more salt if needed.
I scrapped all of the 'Nutless Peanut Butter' out into a container and popped it in the fridge.  And with the remaining mixture in the blender, (I hate to waste anything) I added a little coconut milk and blended until the sides of the blender had no more mixture stuck on them, and I added this to my salad as my dressing.
DELICIOUS!

I had to try a little more of the 'Nutless Peanut Butter', so I grabbed a chili cracker that I made yesterday, and spread some on that, yum (do I say yum far too often?)
Please excuse the bright pink tub!


Please let me know how you got on with this recipe.  I would love to hear what other uses you find for my 'Nutless Peanut Butter'

Enjoy xx



No comments: