Here we are...

A little view of what goes on behind the scenes here at Monkeymaid HQ

Friday 1 April 2016

Crispy Chocolate Protein Thins

Oh Yummy, are you ready for a tasty treat that is also healthy, and vegan?

You are going to love these!

First I had lunch..
Boiled egg, rice crackers, Quorn ham style slices and salad
The tomato dressing is yummmmmm!  I will post that another day.
  
I have been trying to cut out junk food, and stick to a healthy diet for quiet a while now, but one thing I struggle with is snacking out!!    

I simply love treats, all things chocolate and yummy.  You can probably guess that it is not easy having a sweet tooth when you are trying to be healthy, and so I started searching for inspiration for yummy healthy snacks, ones that hit the spot, but don't add inches to my hips, or a guilty feeling in my gut.

I came up with these, Chocolate thins, I was messing about with some ingredients that I had in the cupboard, and they turned out to be a real hit in the household.   I have 2 very hungry children, they never seem to stop snacking out, and apples were getting a bit boring for them.

Here is what I used....

INGREDIENTS LIST
1 Cup dried dates
1 Cup of Oats
1/2 cup of Sunflower Seeds
1/4 Cup of Chia Seeds
1 Tablespoon of Hemp Protein Powder
-
1 Large Banana Mashed
1 Teaspoon of Macca Powder
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Palm Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt
2 Heaped Tablespoons of Raw Cacao Powder.
-

First, put the oven on to 150C/300F/gas mark 2. Put the shelf just above the middle of the oven.

Now pop the Oats, Dates and Sunflower seeds and Hemp powder into a blender (Nutribullet if you have one) and blend until they resemble breadcrumbs.

Put the mashed Banana into a bowl, and add all of the other ingredients, including the blended Oats mixture.

Mix until everything is combined well.

Now on a baking sheet, put a silicon mat, or a non stick paper, just make sure it is non stick, as the mixture may stick to paper as it bakes.

Thinly spread the mixture out on the sheet, as thin as you can, and pop it into the oven for about 10 mins.

Remove it after 10 mins, it should now be easier to roll out, as it should have dried out a little bit and loose its stickiness, roll it out a little thinner with a rolling pin.  Pop it back in the oven for another 10-15 mins.

Remover from the oven and cut it into small squares while it is still hot, if you leave it until it is cold it will probably break up and be a big mess.

Now if you can, leave to cool, they will crisp up a little more, and they are DELICIOUS!!! 

Please remember, they are a TREAT, and not to be eaten in bulk, as tempting as it may be, the raw cacao in these will give you a boost, and in my experience, if you eat too many, you will get a little bit too much of a buzz ha ha ha!!

Let me know how you get on with them, I would love to try different flavours,  maybe add orange rind or chili flakes!!

I hope you enjoy these as much as we have. 
Mary xx





No comments: